In my house I have a weird shaped wall that is the first thing people see when they walk into my home. I’ve been having a debate whether to put up artwork or something like a key rack. Then one day I came up with the perfect solution! Painting as a key rack!
This project was super simple. Here’s how I did it:
- Painting on a canvas with a wooden frame/stretcher
- Safety Glasses
- Choose a painting that you like that is stretched over a wooden frame/stretcher
- I painted this one myself on a canvas that I bought from a craft store.
- Drill a hole in the painting where you want to place a hook
- Be sure there is wood behind the section you want to drill into
- Be sure to hold the painting in place with your free hand (away from the drill) to prevent it from moving
- Continue step two until you have the number of holes you want
- For my project I made three holes
4. Screw in your hooks
- I didn’t use glue, but if you felt that you wanted extra stability, you could always add glue to the holes first
- For those of you that are interested, for my project I used 1 ¼ cup hooks