Please Note: This post contains affiliate links. All that means is that if someone purchases something through one of the links, I do make some money at no extra cost to you.
The DJ black and white cat in Cat Rave Dance Party Paws Up is based on my cat Oreo. She is definitely the most nocturnal of my two cats.
Our cats are not allowed in the bedroom. The idea for this design came about because Oreo lately has gotten into the habit of meowing outside our bedroom door at about five o’clock in the morning. When she does this, either my husband or I will say, “Shushi, Oreo.” Or “Oreo too early. Go sleepy.” Being the good cat that she is, she usually obeys.
When we get up a little while later, the black and white cat will be all tuckered out and fast asleep in one of her favorite sleeping spots, while her sister, a tabby, is up and running around the house.
In reality, my cats are strictly indoor cats. I am too much of a worrier for them to be out door cats. Though, that didn’t stop me from joking with my husband that Oreo had a secret life as a club DJ or something and she was just letting us know when she was home. And thus, Cat Rave Dance Party Paws Up was born!
Did you know:
• The gray and white cat paws are based on Oreo’s sister, Olivia.
• Oreo is also the basis for Cookie the Cat in the Cookie and Olivia book series.
• Cookie and Olivia have their own store on Zazzle
• This is the second design I’ve made where an animal is DJing. The other one is DJ Piggy Pig.
• Oreo is also in a few of my other designs. These include Sleeping Black and White Cat, Here’s Looking at You Cat, and Cat Eyes (Black and White), to name just a few.
Cat Rave Dance Party Paws Up is available for sale on:
Do you have a pet? Do they have any interesting habits? Has your pet inspired you in any way? Let us know in the comments!